Skincare Favorites of 2017

Ever since I can remember, I've always struggled with my skin. Although this isn't a skincare history post, I find it a bit necessary to have some sort of knowledge about my struggle with my skin over the years. I've struggled with acne since I can remember, and finally feel that I'm at a point where it's semi under control. What's mostly left now is scarring.
The beginning of 2017 I made a promise to myself to start taking better care of my skin and to invest more in it. I scheduled a dermatologist appointment MONTHS in advance and did a lot of research into what exactly I've been putting onto my skin. My dermatologist was very helpful, but in the end I chose to not go with her recommendations (they were WAY too harsh). I came home and threw out most of what was in my bathroom vanity, and started fresh. I've simplified my routine and have stuck by the same products. I'm finally able to venture out a little further, but I still do my research to know just what exactly I'm buying.
I've put together a short list of my favorite products from the past year. It's only 10 days into the new year and I've already started a list of new favorite products. A lot of them I'll be posting about in the coming weeks. My Sephora cart has been pretty full for a while now and I have a lot I can't wait to share with you all!
As always, please follow my blog if you enjoy what you've read so far, and be sure to follow me on Instagram: mariekaylaxx

Hope you all have a lovely day!


I just had to place this love of mine first on the list. I watched a few videos on Youtube about natural skincare and this was one of the products mentioned. I absolutely LOVE this and use it very night. 


For the longest time I never used SPF, then I learned just how important it is. I love how this one feels on my skin and even though the bottle is small, it lasts a long time.


I can't say enough about this product. I put this on at night before bed, and when I wake up my skin is glowing. It's definitely a holy grail - must have product for me.


I only purchased the smaller size of this just to test it out, but I love it. It gently exfoliates your skin and leaves it feeling so refreshed! I keep meaning to go out and purchase other products from this line because of how amazing this one is.


This is also another one that I got in the smaller size. I've always heard great things about this so I wanted to try it out for myself. I bought this pretty close to the new year so I haven't had much time to try it out, but so far I really like it. The smell takes a little getting used to, but when I wake up I love how my skin looks. I haven't seen any crazy longtime results yet, so I'm just gonna keep up with using it during my nighttime routine.


I absolutely LOVE going to Lush. The customer service is always on point and I can be comfortable expressing any skin concerns I have because I know they'll recommend some amazing products. This was one that an employee told me to try. I use this maybe once every two weeks because it does exfoliate the skin and I don't like doing that very often. The way my skin is I exfoliate maybe two or three times a month. I used it do it everyday, yikes! This is just a nice mask that leaves your skin glowing once you wash it off. I'll most certainly be repurchasing this.


I haven't heard anyone talk about this product and I'm shocked. It's so inexpensive and the results are wonderful. I apply a small amount to my face before bed, and when I wake up my skin is so bright and glowing. This is something I like to use the night before I know I have something important to do during the day. 


I just recently fell in love with this product. I love putting this one on while I'm taking a nice warm bath. I let this sit on my face till I'm done and when I take it off my skin looks so much more clearer. I already looked into buying more of these.


This was just one of those random Ulta impulse buy purchases, and never have I ever used a mask that's as good as this one. The smell is AMAZING and the way it makes you skin is just wow! The price is incredible and whenever I stop at Ulta, I clear out whatever stock they have of it.


And last but not least, my current favorite tanning mousse. It took me awhile to buy this one, mainly for the price, but it's so worth it. The smell is pleasant and it gives you such a natural looking tan.


Comments

Popular Posts